Samuel,

I can only add to what Ron has already stated that in addition to setting
the reference oscillator correctly then running CAL PLL, you must also run
CAL FIL to store the proper BFO values in the EEPROM.

Take a look at the K2 Dial Calibration article on my website
http://w3fpr.qrprqdio.com for a complete description of the entire process.
The reading is more complex than actually doing the procedure.

73,
Don W3FPR