My uneducated guess, is that on paper there will be a big difference….but in
the real world, listening on air
and trying to compare the difference, it would be hard to tell them apart.
We (and I include myself in this) are too paranoid about every db or dBm that
is reported in a test. I guess it’s
the same as the power guys - trying to get every watt out of their radio - they
complain that their rig is only
putting out 95 watts, and they want to turn it up to 100 watts. To make a
noticeable difference they would
need at least 3 db or a doubling of power.

I can’t remember if it was Eric or Wayne that said - getting your rig to the
top of the Sherwood list is really
only a great accomplishment for the engineers and designers, because all the
rigs in the top 10 will hear equally well
for the guys that actually use them on air.

73
John