As with the answer to most questions, it depends!!

If raw RF performance is what it's about or if you work 6m and find the
sensitivity on the low side, then a K3S. But for most QSOs, you won't
observe any difference, I suspect.

I've just had a K3S here for the weekend to review (I edit Practical
Wireless - sort of UK equivalent to CQ). I already own a fully-loaded K3
and have used K3 rigs to great success on several expeditions and in
contests. What stood out for me as being a major improvement was the USB
interface - so much easier to interface to the PC, run data modes, etc.

Beyond that, the question is really, what is a K3 or what is a K3S? There
are so many add-ons available (I, for example, need CW filters and a second
rx) and a K3 can be upgraded with many of the new K3S boards that it needs
a long hard think about where to spend your money. A fully-loaded K3 or K3S
is NOT a cheap radio (but it's good).

Don G3XTT