Absolutely there are differences in how peoples brains are wired.

My brother got his license 15 years ago.

He was a music major and is a band director, all of the rigs in his shack have the side tone set to 440 Hz, A above middle C. It's been a musical tuning standard for ages. Once he got the tone of the cw being received and sent set to a standard he knows quite well his CW abilities just exploded. He moved past me like white lightning in his copy ability. He's doing 40 wpm without breaking a sweat, is net control for the Iowa 80m CW net and mastered the Vibroplex bug inside of a month.

I'm coming up on my 25th year licensed.
I'm an IT guy, network engineer.
I've always been math/logic and  mechanically inclined.
I can sub-net IPV4 networks in my head.
I struggled learning code. I bought both the ARRL and 73 magazine tapes.
My first try on a morse exam was a flaming failure. 5 wpm test set up in a huge auditorium at the local hospital. We all sat at the front listening to a boom box...and the echo off the back wall 60' away. I locked up. I did finally learn enough to pass the 13wpm test and later the 20 but it took a lot of work. I found the Koch method and the G4FON software 10 years ago. I can now do 30 wpm comfortably, 40 in a contest.

The Vibroplex bug my wife bought me still taunts and insults me. I'm much more comfortable with the single lever paddle I have and my Winkey USB.