I believe that to be true. Years ago would ask if people played any instruments when teaching for the Novice ticket and if they did they seemed to pick it up faster.

I attributed it to recognition or rhythm patterns. Two examples are Q is "here comes the bride" and V as from Beethoven's 5th symphony. No proof but that was a theory. And I do not claim credit for that either, may have been told to me back them.

73,
Bob
K2TK ex KN2TKR (1956) & K2TKR