>From my research:
I believe all of these LED/LCD displays run the LED back-light at full
blast continuously. The LCD blocks the light per the video data however on
the P3, the LED back-light comes on before the LCD has time to block
it...Thus the flash effect.
It probably won't hurt anything but does light up a dark room rather
abruptly.

Steve N4LQ