Hello,
     I have also experienced the turn on flash on my PX3. Now that some
others have posted about it on the P3, I will note that I find it just a tad
annoying, and I prefer to look away from the screen when I turn on the PX3.
I do not know if anything is being overstressed (I'm not familiar with the
specs, whether the display and/or backlight are being run at max voltages,
etc). I finally found a way to use my iphone camera's burst feature, and
posted a short series of photos of my PX3 turning on:
The photos seem to show a short very bright flash, followed by a decreasing
intensity, then a transition to the boot loader message, then a further
transition to the operating display.  I would also note the pictures seem to
support the impression that the turn on intensity is brighter than the
whites seen in the operating display.  Even if the turn on flash does not
detract from overall component lifetime, the designers might want to see if
it could be suppressed to help polish the overall operating experience of
the analyzers, while giving tired old eyes a break.
--Ed, N3CW--

---