Juliean, IMHO the quality is comparable between P3/SVGA and LP-PAN/NaP3.
Here's an image from an LP-PAN/NaP3 panadapter that I used a while back on
an Orion:
http://www.tentecwiki.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=&media=orionpan3.jpg

The big issue is whether you want to deal with the computer interface side
of LP-PAN/NaP3 and the necessary port-sharing if you also want to use a
CAT-connected logging program.  You'll also need to get all the settings
right in NaP3 for the panadapter calibration to be accurate in all modes.

The big advantage of NaP3 over other LP-PAN software options is the
integral telnet connection that will paint a bandmap superimposed on the
spectral display.

73, Barry N1EU