I use LP-Pan2 with a M-Audio 96k sound card internal to the computer. Software is NaP3v4. The screen [for all applications] is a 21" LG. The computer is an DIY AMD 2.1Ghz cpu, 2G ram, running Win7-64 [it's pretty long in the tooth]. I use a microHam CW keyer interface with its Router port-sharing software. Contest logging is N1MM. So...

The choice of LP-Pan is dictated by space requirements; no room for another box at the operating position. So, my choice is not based on A-B comparisons/performance. Otherwise, all K-line station.

I have never had any problems with the computer supporting LP-Pan and its software, N1MM, and browser all at the same time. I can fit all of the necessary and desired optional windows for all software on the screen during a contest. NaP3 has never given me any trouble albeit it's no longer supported by its author. No question that getting LP-Pan setup and running is more demanding than the P3 which, so I hear, is pretty much a turnkey operation. That said, once online, the LP-Pan setup is stable and runs constantly throughout a 48hr contest without a hitch. In contests, I run the NaP3 display at around 14"x4" on the LG monitor - very pretty and helpful. Some use a dedicated monitor for their panadapter; however, I have not found that necessary to provide the info that I "need" during a contest. Issues of cost are an individual matter.

How one balances all these parameters is, again, an individual matter. Either way ends up with a useful tool. I can't imagine operating without a panadapter at this point. So, prepare to get "hooked."

...robert