I've had both over the past 8 years with the K3:

Computer bases system advantages:
1. Cheaper. $300 - $500
2. Better resolution potential but depends on which SDR or sound card you
choose.
3. Point and click with mouse
4. Band changing from screen

Computer based disadvantages:
1. Cabling complexity i.e. external sound card + LP-Pan. Sound card can be
eliminated with a Fun Cube Dongle.
2. Total dependency on computer.
3. Requires a serial port which mandates using a virtual serial port
program such as LP-Bridge is you want to use a logging program at the same
time.
4. Computer must be fast enough to keep up with NAP3's requirements. I use
a quad core, I7 and 12gb of ram. You could do with less but I know this
works. This will certainly increase the CPU load on your computer.
5. Unless you have 2 monitors you will be constantly frustrated wanting to
see both your log and pan at once.

P3 System advantages
1. Simple connectivity to K3
2. Instant bandscope by simply turning on the K3.
3. Eliminates the need for any computer or software. You really need to
experience this to appreciate it. NAP3 is no longer supported by the author
and is not bug free.
4. Easy interface to a large screen monitor...Even your 65" TV will work
via the optional SVGA adapter.

Note: Not all monitors have VGA inputs therefore the P3 may need an
adapter. I use a VGA to HDMI adapter.

P3 Disadvantages:
1. Expensive $700 to $1000
2. Point and click but requires cranking a knob on the P3...I usually just
tune the K3s manually instead.

Like I stated above....I'm relieved to no longer depend on the computer.
There was always something needing attention and software was really a
pain. I've learned to live the the P3's shortcomings. Now all my computer
needs to do is run the logging program. BTW: I use Logger32 and it allows
using your mouse wheel for tuning anyway.

Steve N4LQ