I tried the LP-Pan once. It was OK but became two boxes by the time I had a decent external soundcard. I detested the then available PowerSDR software. Probably better now, but I use an SDR-IQ and SpectraVue* software. Interfaces perfectly with the K3/K3S. Gives both a spectrum and waterfall display, point and click tuning and demodulation if you like (I don't). The software knows all of the K3 i-f offsets and corrects the frequency display automatically. I have two of them, one on my K3 and another on the K3S.

The SDR-IQ is out of production now but used ones show up frequently. It's been replaced with the Cloud-IQ which is double the price of the going rate for an SDR-IQ. The Cloud-IQ uses Ethernet instead of USB so I'm unclear about interfacing with the K3, even though SpectraVue is still used. I use LP-Bridge for USB port sharing between my logging programs, the SDR and the K3s.

*SpectraVue is to me, straightforward. I have yet to find any other SDR software that is easily understood and used by a normal human being.