Hi Folks,

My K2/100 (S/N 4787) is about 10 months old.  My
question is at what point, or ever, should all the
initial alignments be repeated?  There are several
reasons for asking the question other than electronic
components simply drifting a bit with age.

1.  Recently I've noticed when it is initially turned
on the received frequency is about 100 hz high judged
by the pitch of people's voices that I know.  After
20-30 minutes they drift to near exact frequency.

2.  When initially turned on and transmitting right
away I've had reports of distortion like I'm crowding
the mike.

3.  When doing the initial alignment I had a terrible
time with zero beating due to bad hearing.  A frequncy
counter finally helped solve that to some degree.

4.  I did not use spectrogram as it seemed confusing
and my radio seemed to play well enough without it.
It is still equal to or better than my IC746Pro.

5.  Several voltages and frequency ranges were
slightly out of tolerance but again overall it seemed
to align okay and initial performance seemed okay.

6.  I'm now using the receiving antenna port and am
trying to dig out DX and other weak signals.

I just hate to fix it if it's not broke.  But, I'm
wondering if I could squeeze a little more performance
out of it.  I hate to have my K2 on the bench for 2-3
days and not be able to use it.  Well, what does
everyone say.  Go for it or not?

Thanks for the help and bandwidth.

Jim, AB0UK
K2/100  S/N 4787