No. The Tesla Coil produces exactly the sort of QRN that the noise blanker
is NOT designed to suppress. It is as close to the random racket we call
"band QRN" as you can get: the effect of millions of discharges of varying
intensity and duration all overlapping in time.

The noise blanker is designed to suppress repetitive high-amplitude pulses
such as you get from a *controlled* spark gap, like an automobile ignition,
or a controlled impulse generator like a cheap lamp dimmer. These impulses
are especially annoying because they have very, very high amplitude coupled
with very short duration, so the average level is quite low, comparatively.
Your "S" meter may say the noise is S7 or S9, but the actual peaks are far,
far stronger than your S-meter is reporting. The KNB2 is excellent for
suppressing them by anticipating the pulse and actually shutting off the
signal path for an instant while it passes. If it tried to do that with the
sort of QRN you get from the Tesla Coil it'd simply turn the receiver off
completely <G>.

As an aside, it is fortunate for me that the sort of noise produced by a
Tesla Coil is indistinguishable from common QRN. Many years ago I fired up
my prototype 8-foot tall Tesla Coil, excited by a spark gap wired to the A-C
mains, and wiped out "I Love Lucy" on TV's for blocks around. My neighbors
knew all about the "Ham Kid" in area but they didn't equate a TV screen
filled with "snow" with the sort of thing they were used to seeing from my
QTH, nor did I feel compelled to enlighten them.

Ron AC7AC