Jim,

The K2 does not seem to need periodic re-alignment because there is not a
lot of drift in the component values over time and the design is on the
conservative side, so it is forgiving of minor alignment errors.

BUT - If you want optimum performance, do take whatever steps necessary to
get the alignment correct  the first time and every time you do it (usually
needed when components are changed, mods added, or other work on the
hardware inside the box).

It does not sound like you achieved optimum alignment when you initially did
it, so for that reason alone, I would say you will benefit from repeating
it.

As for your voltages that are 'out of spec' - if you measured within 10% of
the value listed in the manual, that is within spec - outside that range
usually means that you need to find the source of the anomoly and correct
it.

The 100 Hz drift that you mentioned is within the K2 spec for operating from
a cold start from 25degrees C.  If your shack ambient temperature is lower
than that, you may see more drift, but judging from peoples voices can be
problematic too, better to measure it with a known standard - how much does
it drift if you tune carefully to WWV?

I highly recommend that you use Spectrogram to set your filters.  It sounds
complicated to describe it in words maily because we try to describe what to
do in detail and anticipate any questions or stumbling bolcks that may arise
for you, but once you run through the procedure, I predict that you will
find it very easy.  Waiting through the boot process for Windows and
double-clicking the icon is a harder step than running the Spectrogram
application to align a K2 - but I have done it many, many times.

73,
Don W3FPR