For me, even if touch-screen UI's were written for old people like myself, hi
hi, I still think its a technology in its infancy.

The infantile part of it being primarily in its application, not so much
just the mere fact that TS technology itself new and still in "1.x"
revisions. When Garmin came out with touch-screen UIs on their aviation GPS
products is when I recognized that the T-S train had skipped off the rails -
I wondered if anyone at Garmin's aviation products division had ever even
flown in a light aircraft before? And Apple continues to threaten to go
all-iPad with every release, though I suppose if sanity could return
somewhere Apple might be the most likely first place for it to do so.

In amateur radio, my opinion is mixed. I can see myself having fun with T-S
on a panadaptor, but the smile kind of fades from my face when thinking
about using the radio in general on a greasy thumprinted, fussy screen with
windows popping up all over the place....

All things being equal, though, I prefer knobs on a radio and not having to
wash my hands with toilet bowl cleaner before I use it hi hi. Like I said,
maybe a separate screen for the T-S spectrum scope, but everything else
relegated to good ol' knobs hi hi.

73,
LS
W5QD