In my mind, I have a totally different picture of this.

I don't see a panadaptor, or windows, or pop-ups.

I see a front panel that looks very much like a KX3 or a K3, with buttons drawn on the touch screen.

I see some ability to "turn off" buttons that I would never use, and make other buttons bigger.

Mostly, I see a way for Elecraft to add a button for some whiz-bang new feature, instead of having to squeeze more functions in without being able to add a button.