Hi Alan,

We put in a 10KW array on our garage roof using two SMA 5000TL-US-22 inverters to grid tie. I could not see any difference in noise floor or moving noise bands with the inverters running or with both the DC and AC disconnected. Perhaps just lucky? We used a local solar company that has been around 30 years who was aware of RFI issues. The local panel distributor is a ham by the way. As an aside both inverters can provide up to 1500 watts at 120Vac if the grid is down. One inverter feeds that 1500 watts to the kitchen and the other to the shack.

My HF dipole runs above the roof mounted panels with the feed about 70 ft south of the garage. I did not do any thing special for RFI. Electricians provided the UFER ground to the inverters. The two 240Vac lines from the inverters run underground about 75 ft over to the utility panels on the north side of the house.

They also said for just charging my station batteries using the 700 watt legacy solar array that came with the house that I should use a PWM charger rather than the noisier MPTT chargers. Have not picked a charger yet. The local solar guy also provided that 700 watt array to the original owners of our house as it was an off-grid solar home.

You can see the panels on my QRZ page's aerial view.

73, tom w7sua