Fred N3CSY asked:

I'm another limited space, restricted community
ham (for now).  I've been considering different
types of verticals which might be best.  I THINK,
I'm looking for an antenna which:

  - vertical ?
  - no radials
  - no counterpoises
  - no guy-wires
  - 40 thru 10
  - maybe 4 shorter buried radials (if I must)
  - not a lot of "visual" space, for neighbors

We have a MOBILE Home (mostly plastic, and
wood) - which sits on a slab of concrete,
surrounded by 8x8 wood timers, 2 feet high on
front side of mobile.  Can easily get UNDER
mobile, thru removable siding.

Park owner, OK'd a "marine antenna" - whatever that
means to him.  We live on shore of St. Lawrence
River - Canada in the distance.

What commercial or home-made antenna could suit
my bill?

I saw these vertical antennas at the Dayton Hamvention this year.
This might be what you are after. Very nice built, not very tall, and they
don't seem
that they would be likely to attract a lot of attention from other home owners.
Very low optical impact on the neighbors in other words.
No guy wires, but would need some radials, which are included in the kit.

 I am thinking about getting one of these myself.

http://www.dxengineering.com/Products.asp?ID=216&SecID=115&DeptID=22

You will need some radials for anything that is going to work fairly well
and not be very tall.  Otherwise a vertical end fed 1/2 wave dipole would
probably be the only no radial thing you would be able to come up with, and
they will be fairly tall for 20M and on to lower freqs.

73 Arnie KA0NCR