Not trying to start a disagreement here, but I don’t see the point.

If you want to run a wire antenna, then, good gracious, run a wire antenna.
They work pretty well portable.  I carry two in my bag.  But I fail to see the
rationale of using the AX1 as a “counterpoise”.
For quick low profile portable, the AX1 works as well as you can expect a very
short loaded radiator to work.  For that purpose it’s easy, quick on the air,
and does fine.

Grant NQ5T
KX3 (8342)/KXPA100

\