[I sent this privately to Wayne, but people on the list may like it.]

I tried to express my feelings about the expo in their feedback survey. Perhaps prose will work better.

I enjoyed it, but I hated not being able to pause presentations or pick them up later.* Online from home isn't the same as in a hall. People come to the door. The phone rings. You name it.

What I would like is something to handle these problems AND fix some of the problems with inperson expos. The big problem I see at inperson expos have is conflicting sessions.

If all the sessions were available at the beginning, and the Q&A were scheduled later, attendees could listen to the presentation at their convenience and then show up for the Q&A if they wanted to. The Q&A should be recorded and made available ASAP so someone missing the Q&A could at least hear other people's interactions.

I never found a way to make casual contact with old friends. At inperson expos, I work mostly by facial recognition, carefully reading the badge to help recall the name. Being somewhat shy, I generally try to lurk in the background. The online format just didn't work for me.

As for the exhibitors, what I get mostly our of inperson expos is the ability to see things "in the flesh". "Oh my, that KX2 is really tiny. Time to get serious about SOTA" kinda thing. That, learning about things I didn't know existed, and buying connectors etc. from the vendors are the reasons I visit the vendors. Oh yes, and saying Hi to old friends like the people from Elecraft.

73 Bill AE6JV

* I fixed this problem by reading the HTML of the page and finding the uTube link to the presentation. My inner computer hacker come out.