Good Evening,

   I have seen a few groups of geese flying south.  Some are flying in V formation, but most are not.  The elk are taking advantage of the paths I opened; the ground is chewed up with hoof prints.  A bobcat or a mountain lion is using the same path. There are more color changes in the deciduous species.

   The sun has been active all week.  A CME is due to strike some time today.  Ten, twelve, and fifteen meters are open.  DX chasers are flocking.  We are near solar maximum, a magnetic pole swap is imminent.  Late summer storms will cause some static while the oscillating ionosphere will add QSB.  Tomorrow's nets should be fun :)

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-

I added a few features to my 3D engine.  Now it models 1/4 wave verticals and 1/2 wave dipoles.  I animated the display using height as the variable.  Then I made a video.  Click on the first one if you are brave (or bored).

http://bacona.design/video.html