Good Evening,

   The week was mostly sunny with temperatures below 50F.  Warm enough for a new crop of mushrooms but too cold for spiders.  The alder have lost their leaves, now the mosses are glowing bright green.  More light and rain lets them progress to their diploid phase.

   The sun is almost bare.  Solar flux is lower but still sufficient.  There is a CME on the way, due some time tomorrow. Next week the first of two large sunspot groups will rotate into view.  Solar flux will rise.  Expect more ions.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2300z Sunday  (3 PM PST Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0100z Monday  (5 PM PST Sunday)

73,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
“Surely,” said I, “surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore—
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore;—
’Tis the wind and nothing more!”

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door—
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door—
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.