I have a K2/100 with KAT100.  The antenna tuner is working fine & when I
first tried Ham Radio Deluxe, it did not work.  Then a couple of days
later, unexpectedly, it started working.  Well, it worked a couple of
weeks just fine, and now, it has quit working.  When I run HRD, I get an
error message that says something to the effect of unable to obtain
frequency.

I am using a Dell desktop with a serial port connection....(not USB).

So far this is what I've done...
1.  Verified RS232 cable connections, & continuity...all checks out per
the manual & with VOM for continuity
2.  Verified that "Port" is 'on' in the secondary menu
3.  Ck'd for the oscillator on 16293 kHz & found it.  Verified with
separate shortwave rcvr & noted that signal goes away when K2 is turned
off.
4.  Connected using Hyperterminal & switched to Port on menu...when I
pressed Display...I read FA00003922180 on Hyperterminal.  However, when I
typed 'SW01;' the K2 did not respond.
5.  Tried using a different computer....no success
6.  Also tried TRX Manager software....no success

Hmmm.....is it time to pull the cover off & start troubleshooting
internally???  Suggestions?

Tnx & 73 de  K5AVJ
Lynn (K2#1411)