Lynn:
This sounds to me like the classic bad solder connection: sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes it doesn't work at all. If you can tune in the oscillator when the interface isn't working, you might concentrate your inspection from J1 to U1 and J2. Also, your tests indicate the K2 can send data, but is not receiving it. That narrows your search even more. Look at the schematic. Follow the signal from J1(pin 3) to U1(pins 6 and 11) and finally to J2(pin 3). But the board is so small that I'd double check all the connections, including the RS232 cable, just to make sure.

Hope this helped.

73's,

John AA0VE

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have a K2/100 with KAT100. The antenna tuner is working fine & when I first tried Ham Radio Deluxe, it did not work. Then a couple of days later, unexpectedly, it started working. Well, it worked a couple of weeks just fine, and now, it has quit working. When I run HRD, I get an error message that says something to the effect of unable to obtain frequency. 3. Ck'd for the oscillator on 16293 kHz & found it. Verified with separate shortwave rcvr & noted that signal goes away when K2 is turned off. 4. Connected using Hyperterminal & switched to Port on menu...when I pressed Display...I read FA00003922180 on Hyperterminal. However, when I typed 'SW01;' the K2 did not respond. Hmmm.....is it time to pull the cover off & start troubleshooting internally??? Suggestions?

Tnx & 73 de  K5AVJ
Lynn (K2#1411)