Copy of builders alert message.

We have a new Builder Alert, covering the wiring of the new type (RoHS compliant) of K2 speaker jack.

Read about it on our website at:

http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/Builder's%20Alert%20New%20K2%20Speaker%20Jack%20Rev%20A.pdf

This Alert applies to K2 kits purchased since August, 2006. If you have found that your external speaker doesn't work, please read this Alert. No parts need to be replaced, just some very minor rewiring work needs to be done to the external speaker jack. This change is not covered in the manual, but is in the new Errata (Rev F-10) also available on our website in the "Manuals and Downloads" section.

End copy

David Wilburn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tom Zeltwanger wrote:
Just got K2 5848 complete. Everything looks good except the speakers (int or
ext) do not work. Headphones work great. I double-checked the wiring, and I have
not reversed the speaker wires.
When I removed the speaker connector, I noticed that there is only about 0.12
volts at P5 (audio) connector on the control board, whether I have the headphone
plugged-in or not, and regardless of volume setting. Makes me think I have a bad
headphone jack switch. I have heard about these going bad. Is is common to see
bad ones from the factory? Or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks and 73,

Tom KG3V