Good Evening,
This week has brought more normal weather to my part of Oregon. Slush, ice, snow, and then lots of rain. Tomorrow the snow level is supposed to drop once again. This time to well below my elevation. But, I have wood, supplies, and plenty of reading material. Even if the power goes out I am set. The battery bank is on charge so I can work you all tomorrow and have enough left over for a week of light and radio contacts.

Around 11 AM I saw some folks drive into my yard. I got to meet one member of the Elecraft CW Net family and his son. We chatted for well over an hour and he got to see what I call a shack. Then he got to see my radio set up :) My house is a work in progress and ever since that tree punched a series of holes in it the progress has slowed. I did mention Oregon weather though. I cannot replace the ceiling and roof during the wet season. Sam put his paw down and said, "No! I would get cold." I agreed with him, I'd get cold too!

It was nice to have visitors. Keeps me from talking to the walls for at least a little while. We got to talk about radios and then I found his son is attending Reed College. So he and I started talking about school, physics, electronics, and software. It was fun to show them some of my projects too. My thanks to Greg and Amory!

I was stymied in my attempt to work on 20 meters into OK City more than once this week. It was not so much the propagation as it was noise local to my friend. He simply could not hear me. Hopefully his trip around town in his truck with an HF rig has localized the noise so we can get back to work on my CW skills. I sorely need the practice.

I think the following calling list may be fine in theory but it seems like all we truly need to do is separate the Easterners from everyone else. And, in practice, that is what happens. Once the folks east of the Appalachians are taken care of we can run through the rest pretty easily because the signal strength does not change all that much.

East (1, 2, 3, 4 plus anything from across the Atlantic Ocean)
Mid  (1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 5, and 0)
All  (1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 5, 0, 6, 7, and anything from across the Pacific)

Then there is N0SS in Missouri with his beam on 20 meters. He will announce which way he is pointing but the front to back ratio does not seem overly large.

   Remember:
1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) Call by geographic area (East, Mid, All)
3) NCS help is always appreciated (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

   Please join us:

Sunday 2300z (Sunday 3 PM PST) 14050 kHz
Monday 0200z (Sunday 6 PM PST)  7045 kHz
    Kevin.  KD5ONS