Hi Pete:

I'm always the 'late' one to reply it seems...

The KNB2 is a very good blanker... on CERTAIN noise types... but, as with virtually blankers, you DO have to have the right type of noise.

It's generally very good no line noise, sparkplug/elec. mixer/elec. fencer noises as well.

If you're interested, download http://www.n0ss.net/knb2_demo.zip from my web site and take a listen to my KNB2 in action. This was NOT a 'set-up' demonstration, I just happened to tune across a 20M signal one day when my line noise was pretty much out of sight, turned the KNB2 on, and the noise disappeared... figgered it was a good demo, so I recorded a bit of it.

I have to say as well that there WILL be times when the KNB2 will appear to do NOTHING, even though I feel it should be doing its job on some noise I'm hearing. Though I've not 'scoped out' the noise, it's apparent that it must have some characteristic that the KNB2 doesn't like, or can't cope with, so the noise remains... but in general, the KNB2 works very well... FOR ME anyway!

73,

Tom Hammond    N0SS