-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fred (FL)
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:43 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Question from a newbie

I built my K2 #54xx in May 06.  Built the KNB2 Noise
Blanker.  Then found it never really seemed to work on
any noise!  One day, 4 cement trucks & 2 large
pickups sat like 30 feet from my shack - all running,
all working.  The KNB2 did nothing to remove any of
that man-made noise.  Also it doesn't work on any band
noise - that I ever found. I even got a 2nd KNB2, from
Elecraft - and it didn't work either?

The K2 itself - after build - operated true to
all specs, calibrations, & alignments beautifully.

I've since felt, the KNB2 is a design job left to be
re-done, by some Elecraft designer, when they get
around to it.  The IC-7000's Noise Reduction and
Noise Blanker circuitry - amazingly almost always
reduces most band noises, real or imaginary,
dramatically.  Maybe in the K3?

Fred N3CSY