While it is true these trucks were probably diesels and therefore there was no IGNITION noise, it is certainly still possible for them to have produced electrical noise. If nothing else, they have alternators. I'm sure we've all heard alternator noise and I suspect the alternators on these trucks are heavy duty, capable of producing heavy duty noise. I'm not up to speed on modern diesel engine technologies, but the fuel pump and fuel injectors might also be electrical these days, not mechanical, as in days of yore (35 years ago when I was a diesel mechanic in the army).

73's,
John AA0VE

Ken Kopp wrote:
The "4 concrete trucks" and "two large pickups" were almost certain to have had diesel engines and therefore would have had minimal ... if any ... electrical noise to be heard. Even the motors operating the concrete-handling mechanisms would have been hudraulic. Not a good "test" for a noise blanker/eleminator. (;-)

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]