[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Brett gazdzinski wrote:
The caps I tried to organize in piles on the desk with the values
written in pencil on the desk, there are a LOT of caps and a LOT
of different values....a LOT of piles....
....ergo, a nice big, clean table space for all the piles is ideal. If you are more organized, a fishing tackle box or something similar with lot's of little compartments to label also helps.

I found Ice Cube Trays to be the best way to organize the parts....took me four of them. You'll definitely need to sort your caps out by numbers. I also made a tilting vise by using those pistol grip expanding jaw clamps used in woodworking, mounting it on a pedestal (the one I found came out of a sporting goods store and is for mounting on the edge of a boat to hold a fishing rod...that in turn was mounted to a piece of board...and I had a perfect tilting vise for about 20 bucks total. At 54, I second the round magnifying light...mine was from Office Depot for about 35 bucks...lots of other places had them for 90+....and, I found using that magnifying light/lamp it worked as a solder-smoke deflector so it wasn't drifting directly into my face as I worked.

David King