--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm not excusing what's going on, but being from a manufacturing
background - the most common cause of delays is having a problem with
a supplier (just like we're experiencing) and being reluctant to hand
out any more promises and guesses until having solid info from he
supplier that can be broadcast. In this case hollow promises based on
bad info is a lot more harmful than a simple "we have a problem and
we're not ready to declare a resolve".

I understand what you're saying, but Elecraft has a lot of goodwill
from its customers that is being eroded by the current lack of
information. I was always willing to cut them some slack due to the
fact that they are fellow hams, I don't believe they intended to have
these problems, that things do go wrong that are outside your control
and perhaps the scale of the K3 project (and the demand for it) has
caused problems they didn't anticipate. But that was because of their
track record and the fact that they were open with us in providing
information on the reflector.

I'd be happier if they told us what the problem is, and what the
realistic effect on shipping dates is. Perhaps it is something they'd
rather not have published on a public reflector. However, they have
entered in to a contract with all of us who have placed orders, so I
think we are entitled to have information. It really ought not to have
been necessary for people to contact Lisa to find out what little we
have. They have our email addresses. Aren't people who are willing to
put down $1000 or more as a deposit months in advance valued customers?

Julian, G4ILO

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional