Barry N1EU wrote:

> I'm seeing K3 Width control behavior that's a bit of a head scratcher.
>
> I've got the 2.8Khz filter, and the filter settings in config menu are all
> normal.  When I'm in USB or LSB with the passband centered and I rotate
> the width control, my width options now are 2.3/2.5/2.7 (2.9 will switch
> over to the 6.0Khz filter as expected).  When I normalize, it is giving me
> 2.7Khz.  I really want to set it to 2.8Khz now and I can't figure out how.
> I definitely know that I've previously seen 2.4/2.6/2.8 as the width
> options and 2.8Khz for normalization but I can't seem to get there from
> here.
>
> Are other folks seeing this?  Am I missing something - why is the K3
> flipping back and forth between these width options?
>
> Maybe this whole thing could be solved with 100hz or 50hz granularity of
> the width control in ssb.

Yes, I have noticed it too. I have the 2.7kHz filter, but quite often, under
circumstances I don't understand, the steps go on to a multiple of 200Hz, so
it goes 2.4, 2.6 and then 2.8 and I'm using the 6kHz roofing filter. I
probably can't tell the difference between 2.6 and 2.7 so it's no real
hardship to keep the DSP 100z narrower, but it's a bit of a niggle.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
Zerobeat Ham Forums: www.zerobeat.net/smf