Eric Scace K3NA wrote:
In my limited understanding of the K3 signal path, there is always a DSP operation on the signal for filtering. While noise blanking, noise reduction, and audio effects can all be switched off, I don't know if it is possible to remove ALL digital signal processing from the signal path; i.e., operate only with the crystal filters.

The product detector (or FM discriminator) is implemented in the DSP firmware, so, if you could bypass the DSP, you would have a signal at the final IF frequency (15kHz?), not a baseband one.

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to Elecraft products and more general topics related ham radio"