In a message dated 4/25/08 8:08:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> 2) Letting a self-important bad operator discourage you because he/she
> can't
> or won't QRS to your speed or tells you that you don't have the skills to
> get on CW, or to operate on a specific band. (I worked a guy who told me he
> never used 20 meter CW because he was told by some idiot that it was a
> expert operator's band and folks there didn't tolerate anything less!)

It seems to me that a true "expert" is able to operate effectively at both
low and high speeds, with both experienced and inexperienced operators at the
other end.

So if someone won't/can't QRS for a beginner, it says more about that
person's skills than it does about the beginner.

IMHO

73 de Jim, N2EY