Ken wrote:

I have no problem slowing down as much as necessary (below 10 wpm gets a
little tedious
though!) But I would sure appreciate being told to cool it rather than just
having the rag chew cut short.

Oh, s--l--o--w CW sure gets tedious for me too, but it's normally only for a
few minutes.

I find that a five or ten minute exchange of basic contact info and a few
words is about all most newbies working at such speeds want. That was
certainly true of me when I was first on the air: after a few minutes I
needed to QRT and relax so I could stop hyperventilating!

Ron AC7AC