In a message dated 4/26/08 11:43:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Learning to translate dits and dahs into letters and other characters.
>   Slow code encourages translation!

I think what you mean is "counting" - hearing "H" as "four dits" rather than
a single sound-group. That's why Farnsworth-spacing is a good idea.

> Learning code from a book or other visual source.  (Not including learning
> about code from a book such as Pierpont: The Art & Skill of Radio Telegraphy).

Agreed!

> Starting after age 50.  <Grin>.

Actually, research has shown that one of the ways to slow the aging process
is to learn new things throughout life. Particularly things that are *very*
different than what you've done before, not just extensions of existing stuff.

73 de Jim, N2EY