Based on my own personal experience, I would recommend a linear supply.  I
use the Astron RS-35A.  Yes, it is as big as the K3, but it is rock solid,
well-filtered, and RFI-free, and has over-voltage and over-current
protection. In addition, the Astron has heavy-duty output terminals that
will better handle the peak current. 5-way binding posts are fine for QRP
but I like the larger terminals for QRO. (all  IMHO of course). Buy the
power supply from R and L Electronics for a low price and quick delivery.
(They carry switchers, too).

John W2XS