Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure what your operating style is but if you are looking for 100w on
CW and SSB then I recommend the Gamma Research HPS-1a. I have one and run my
K3-100 with it all the time in a portable fashion. Here is a link to Fred's
site: http://www.gammaresearch.net/

It has a very small footprint, weighs only 1.25 lbs and has no problem
supplying my K3 @ 100w for CW. Fred recommends cutting back to 25 or 30
watts for continuous key down type ops. I've read others who state they run
it at 40 watts for PSK ops without problems.

Some reviewers commented on the fan and some excessive noise, but I've never
been bothered by it at all. It is indeed not as quiet as the K3 fans, but
certainly not loud IMO. I've heard no noise or hash on the K3 either. I made
a short cable that plugs into the HPS-1a connector (supplied) to APP's to
fit the K3.

If you're looking for a linear replacement, this may not meet your needs.
But for portable or just CW & SSB ops it certainly has worked fine for me.

Take care & 73,
Dave W8FGU