Trevor Smithers wrote:
supplies have no place anywhere near the ham shack - its bad enough the neighbours having them all over the place but they don't know or care - we should know better.

But we should also know about conversion efficiencies, power factors and power line harmonics!

As an aside if anyone has any doubts about whether or not switch mode supplies cause rfi get one of these devices and check it
http://www.winradio.co.uk/home/erd.htm

Without a specification for near field sensitivity below a few hundred kHz, its difficult to be sure whether this is measuring anything useful in terms of radiated RFI.

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to Elecraft products and more general topics related ham radio"