It's become obvious to me that the most of the full time CW ops on the
reflector were very happy with the fast responding, instant changing, very
aggressive filters on the Pre 3.25 NR. So long as you didn't choose a filter
that was too aggressive for your needs, I never found that I cut out any CW
tones.

As matter of fact, I found that with the old NR I was able to actually Enhance
CW tones.  I DO NOT find this to be the case with either 3.25, or 3.27.
Without an Audio peak filter on the K3, I much prefer what I had previously. As
a late night, high QRM 30meter DXer I find that I enjoyed the ability to switch
between filter groups and hear the results instantaneously.  Unlike SSB where
you can wait that extra second, on CW, every dit and dah counts.

Instead of trying to find a single NR DSP that would satisfy both groups, which
seems near impossible to do. Wouldn't it be best to implement some way to have
the OLD NR on CW mode, and then perhaps something like 3.25 or 3.27 on SSB
mode?  This way the CW guys, like myself, can enjoy the serious filter ability
of the old NR, and the SSB guys can enjoy the "pipeless" artifacts when using
NR in SSB mode.

Some times you can't satisfy all the people all the time with one road.  But
you can send them in different directions and try to help them both at the same
time.

N6MQL