Joe Planisky wrote:
>> Some times you can't satisfy all the people all the time with one
>> road.
>
> Truer words were never spoken!
>
> I'm a full time CW operator (well, 99.9% CW, 0.1% digital modes.)  I
> played with the pre-3.25 NR quite a bit and I was never able to find a
> setting that made a CW signal easier to copy, so I never actually used
> it in a QSO.  Post-3.25, I find I'm now using it more often than not.
> My preference would be for progress to continue in the 3.25/3.27
> direction.  Of course, ideally they'll come up with a way to let each
> operator use what works best for them.
>
> 73
> --
> Joe KB8AP

I also operate mostly CW .... 3.27 isn't bad, but over the year or so I
think the best DSP firmware was DSP 1.81   It was one of the better
balances of audio level for NR on/off.  And the CW signals came up out
of the noise - or the noise went down.  But ..... it doesn't work right
anymore with the newer MCU & FPF levels.  That DSP is part of
k3fw2r10.zip which I have labeled  "FD 08" in the folder with all the
old firmware sets.
73    Hank    K8DD