Advantage to them not I or us here.

Reliability is questionable...  After a spike induced by lightning a
$479 dishwasher needs
a $350 PCB replacement rather than a much cheaper mechanical timer.  And
there doesn't
seem to be any option on board parts, just replace the PCB.

Were I to have one of the GE Duets mentioned here I think I would unplug
it when I wanted
to play Radio.  But I agree  that the point is valid I should not have
to do that.   I can only
hope a neighbor doesn't get one...  Or have they?, is that the new high
noise level on  160/80.

73,
Bob
K2TK