More anecdotal evidence... I just replaced a gas valve solenoid coil
in my dryer-- the first repair it's needed in 30 years. The matching
washer hasn't had any problems yet.

Nice dryer... it just dries the clothes. It doesn't have to worry
about the kinds of things a microprocessor based clothes dryer
probably does: multitasking, wifi-connectivity, social networking,
remote control and monitoring by White House Environmental Office,
etc. etc.

73,
Drew
AF2Z