Lee,

No new code will likely be compiled to form a "new release level" -
IMHO, that would be even more risky than creating a new beta release,
and would itself require more testing than any new beta release.

What has happened in the past, and will likely continue into the future,
is that a beta release which has demonstrated itself to be as stable or
more so than the prior 'production release' will be named as the new
production release.
I am doing one doing pre-beta testing, and have not yet found a need to
back-level the firmware except as a comparison test.

If you look at the code levels, you will see the numbers jump, even in
the 'beta' releases.  The reasons for those jumps is that as a new
function is added, it may have been done in incremental steps, or there
was a problem discovered in the pre-beta testing which was corrected in
the next level.  The newest beta release has been quite stable in the
minds of the pre-beta testers, so it was released to all K3 owners who
want to take advantage of it.

The firmware is not going to break your K3 hardware in any way, so why
not just load the new beta release to obtain the added functions.  If
you experience any problems, just re-load the prior version.  Yes, it
would be helpful if you reported the problem encountered.  It is that
willingness to report problems that makes one a beta tester.  Just using
the beta release does not make anyone a beta tester.

73,
Don W3FPR