>My problem with the BETA process is that it is
>in no way intuitively obvious as to how to
>install it.  I have put this on the reflector
>before and got pu-pawed, I have Windows
>Vista.  It is  Pain in the A… to install the
>neew betas.  You CAN NOT click and download the
>file. PERIOD.  You MUST follow a specific
>procedure just to even see the zip file (because
>for some unknown reason it is in a FTP
>folder.  That means you have to openthe folder
>in a separate window/tab, etc. etc. etc. and do
>it CORECTLY. Why can't the beta file be placed
>as an icon/link? Why can't the K3Utility have a
>special tab for BETA releases? And there are
>many other ways this process could be improved. My 2 cents. KE0X Lee Trout

Lee,

All that is basic file and directory management
and unzipping that you have to know if you want to use a computer.

There are no shortcuts.

You have to learn file and directory management
if you want to advance beyond email and web browsing.

Before you download the zip, simply navigate to
the directory where you want it to go before you download it.

Then open Windows Explorer (formerly File Manager).

After you download the zip, before unzipping it,
navigate to the directory that you want the extracted files to go to.

Once you learn file management, the process is simple.

With VISTA, you may want to run download and run
TweakUAC.exe to turn off UAC.  That will
eliminate most of the annoying pop ups.  Or you can just upgrade to XP or 7.

Paul