My PC with XP died at least two years ago and this is what I got. So is it
going to work with Windows 7? Or be an even worse mess.

Shouldnt the web page be written so that it is windows Vista compatable?
Shouldnt the web page be written so that it is Windows 7 Ccompatable?
Shouldnt the webpage be written so thjat it is MAC, Chrome, MSIE, Firefox,
XXX ZZZ, etc. etc compatable/

I can see many other web pages with ZIP files that I can click on and
download but not on Elecraft, WHY?

If the K3Utility can download the “Real” firmware update, why not another
tab that goes to the BETA firmware.

And I have been writing code since 1975 – from assembly language up, not
just higher level language soI know it can be done.

Rich

The problem is not with the Download process.  It is Vista, which is such a
PITA that MS has had to replace it with Windows Seven.

None of the troubles you describe exist with any of the versions of XP.
That is why MS is still selling and supporting XP.

Tom, N5GE