It just occurred to me that there are several perceptions of the word
"stable" (actually lack of stability) that could be coming into play in
this discussion.

1) It has all functions implemented -- Maybe one day, but not today -
new stuff is added incrementally.
2) All "fixes" have been implemented -- That is true for identified bugs
to the extent possible when it goes to beta.
3) It will not 'break' the K3 -- No pre-beta release has ever 'broken' my K3

The net is that the K3 firmware is currently a work in progress.  There
are a few functions that are still to be added, like Sync AM, and there
is a list of requests for additional function or changes for the
existing functions that are being considered (new requests are seen
frequently here on the reflector).

Those who have been paying close attention to the beta release levels
will know that if a major problem (more than an annoyance) is
identified, the result is a quick turn-around with a new beta release
containing the fix (and that fix has already been tested by the Field
Test group).

My conclusion is that the "stability" of the K3 firmware is a relative
term.  In anticipation of further improvements, it will be a long time
before the firmware is "finished" and thus "stable" by that definition.

73,
Don W3FPR