Yes a "single click" download might be nice, but I use basically Dave's
approach with with I.E. and both Xp and Vista except that I don't have
Winzip on the Vista machine (the built in unzip utility steps in
automatically).

No problem here with either OS.

The Elecraft web site also has clear step-by-step instructions that work for
either Vista or Xp.

Ron AC7AC