On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 08:30:55 -0400, Lee Trout <trou...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for your response Dave and Don, but I do not agree.  I see too many
>complaints of one sort or another on the reflector about problems with beta
>releases.

I am one of the beta testers.

When I read the complaints regarding new betas I find that I cannot
duplicate most of them or that the poster is expressing a personal
opinion based on the way they like for things to work.  If I can
duplicate the behavior the poster describes I report it to Elecraft
and it gets fixed (usually in the next day or so).  Send an email to
one of the other rig manufacturers and see if you can even get an
answer from them.

> ***
>I don't like computers and use them minimally and thus have no
>interest in  loading in a update to experiment with, then reverting back to
>earlier version in case of problems -- that is what beta testers enjoy
>doing.
> ***

No one is suggesting that you are doing the wrong thing by not
installing beta firmware.  It's your choice not to do so.

I'm sorry you don't like computers, but once again, that is in keeping
with making your own choice.

>And I suspect there are quite a few guys like me.
>
>If everyone is supposed to load the beta releases, what is the purpose of a
>regular release?  And Don, has there been no stable beta release sine May
>that could be issued as the new production release?
>
>73, Lee (K9CM)
[snip]

Tom, N5GE

n...@n5ge.com