On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:29:24 -0700, David Gilbert wrote:

>In my experience with the K3 in several major contests since I bought it
>last January, the very great majority of bad signals I've heard on the
>air have been due to the TX on the other end, not the RX on my end.

Strongly agree.

And I strongly DISAGREE with Ron's statement that clicks are an essential
part of CW. Clicks are a function of a FAST RISE TIME and DISTORTION, not
keying speed. There's a KH6 contester who moved from K4 with a monster
signal, monster clicks, monster SSB splatter, and monster attitude to go
with it. I've told him about his clicks and splatter several times,  but
the clicks, splatter, and attitude are still there.

73,

Jim K9YC